Sunday, July 4, 2010

Reading Group: Sunday Surf and Weekly Wrap-Up Edition

I thought today, after sleeping in an appropriate amount of time, I would put together a Sunday Surf edition of the best posts I saw on the web this week.  I read a lot of blogs in a week and I'm in the process of setting up a reader with a link, so you can check out what I'm reading at your leisure.  That said, I'm trying to limit the number of posts I link to on Sunday, because we reads together every day of the week, right?  So here's a couple you should peruse today between firecrackers.


Toddler Storytelling Activities and Keepsakes - Code Name: Mama

I love the Toddler Activities series on CN:M, because it gives me ideas for things to do with Connected Son.  With a new baby in the house, my brain is a little overwhelmed.  Thankfully there are resources like this to give me ideas or we'd all just sit and twiddle our thumbs. 

Tips to help parents assume the best intentions - Hobo Mama guest post

Ok, another post by Dionna of CN:M, hosted on one of my favorite new blogs, Hobo Mama.  I don't know any parent of a toddler who couldn't use this post.  Eventually when you are the parent of a toddler you will begin to suspect your toddler is an evil genius secretly subjecting you to psych experiments, this post will assure you its not true. 

Your natural, awesome power - Surfacing After Silence

I was humbled by this post by Alexis of Surfacing after Silence.  Alexis, who is not a mom herself, read my post on labor induction this week and found it spoke to her own battle with an eating disorder and self image.  Alexis's post has given me a lot to think about in regards to my own body image and I how I approach it. 

This Week on Connected Mom:
Over here on Connected Mom, I was hopping this week!  I unveiled our new cloth diaper guide, CD 101 , as well as my July edition of magazine style posts devoted to cloth diapering.  I also announced my next giveaway, Bummas cloth wipes.  I started a daily reading group, posted 5-7 times a week in the morning designed to help you start the day with a new perspective on your parenting relationship.  I'd love to hear if you are enjoying it.  I was inspired to write A Call to Labor after a friend was induced for big baby this week, days shy of her due date.  Look forward to some tips on parenting siblings, moms and body image, and some more cloth diaper tips!

0 comments:

Post a Comment