Pre-Seed's website identifies reasons that makes their product so unique. Some of those reasons are:
- Balanced to match fertile cervical mucus
- Applied inside vagina to mimic natural moisture
- Patented antioxidant for sperm cell support
- Published studies show no harm to sperm or embryos
- Clinically shown less irritating than other lubricants
The first thing I did when I opened the Pre-Seed was smell it. I know that may seem weird, but I hate scented products and was happy to find Pre-Seed to be scent free. It didn't smell like anything. I loved that. I have very sensitive skin and I have had bad experiences with other personal lubricants causing irritation. Pre-Seed was so different than any other product I have used. It is light, silky and not sticky or oily like other lubricants. I rubbed some on the back of my hand and when it dried it didn't feel like I had put any product on my skin at all. There was no scent or residue. I really liked that.
The directions recommend using the product vaginally using the provided applicators. This product mimics your body's fertile cervical mucus and when using the applicator it applies the lubricant right in the area your own cervical mucus would be. The applicators screw right onto the tube and you draw out the desired amount and insert it vaginally. It was really easy to use and it wasn't messy AT ALL. It provided the desired lubrication and wasn't irritating. In fact, besides providing the lubrication needed, we didn't even notice it was there. That was a first for me. Usually when we use any type of lubricant I am always at least partially aware that it's there. To my sensitive skin, most lubricants would be at least slightly irritating. Pre-Seed didn't feel any different than my body's natural moisture. I loved that.
Pre-Seed can also be applied externally just like any other lubricant. As mentioned previously, I loved that it doesn't feel sticky or oily as many lubricants do. When using other lubricants after applying, I always feel like I immediately want it off my hands and hope that a towel is near. What a mood killer. With Pre-Seed it feels so natural and doesn't leave sticky residue so I didn't even worry about it. It's water based and goes on smooth without being messy. It feels very natural. I would definitely recommend this product to any and all couples trying to conceive. Their slogan is "seriously fun baby-making" and I can attest to the truthfulness of that statement.
Now for the fun part: Pre-Seed is giving away a tube of their amazing product for you to try!
- This giveaway is open only to US and Canada (sorry to our readers in other parts of the world)
- You *must* complete the mandatory entry or the other entries won't count
- Each entry must be its own comment
- As always, please make sure to leave your email address in at least one of your comments so we have a way to contact you if you win
- (Mandatory entry) Go to Pre-Seed's site and tell me something you learned or something that you liked about their website.
- Follow @theconnectedmom and @PreSeedBaby on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway. (Limit 2 entries per day. Make sure to put our twitter handles in the tweet so it counts)
- "Like" The Connected Mom on Facebook (If you already like us, it still counts)
- "Like" Pre-Seed on Facebook (If you already like Pre-seed, it still counts)
- Subscribe to The Connected Mom's monthly email newsletter (You can find the subscription box on the right sidebar)
- Follow us publically through Google Friend Connect
Pre-Seed donated this product for review and no other compensation was received. The views expressed are purely my own.