Friday, June 17, 2011

Circle+Bloom's Energy for Empowerment Program

PhotobucketSeveral days ago, Kayce shared a review of the Circle+Bloom's Natural Cycle for Fertility Program. When I learned of the opportunity to review their Energy for Empowerment Program, I jumped on it. I have three kids under the age of six and another on the way, so energy comes at a premium. Sometimes, I don't think I have enough energy to complete everything that needs to be done. Admittedly, I am a bit of a skeptic when it comes to things like this, but what could it hurt? I decided to give it a try. I will do anything to gain some energy!

I was pleasantly surprised. The Energy for Empowerment Program includes four twenty-minute sessions. In each session, Joanne Verkuilen presents a guided visualization that focuses on one element of the body: metabolism, endocrine system, circulation and blissful sleep. She uses a calm, comforting voice. I could literally feel my body relax as I breathed deeply through each visualization.

The relaxation element is nice, but these visualizations offer far more than that. Each session also feels like a mini anatomy lesson. The uplifting, encouraging language is balanced with helpful information about different organs, glands, and hormones and the roles they play in providing energy. Knowing the function and location of these parts helped me to see them in my mind and feel more in touch with my body. I could picture the endorphins flowing from my hypothalamus. Once you have focused your intuition, the sessions encourage you to look inward and contemplate the actions you need to take to maximize your energy.

The people who need this program the most may often be tired, but I'd recommend listening when you're not too exhausted. The program is intended to be used while lying down or reclining. The narrator's voice is so soothing and the visualizations are so relaxing that I accidentally drifted off to sleep during the first session. That being said, helping you sleep well is not far from the mission of the program. In fact, one session focuses on sleep. At the end of each session, listeners who are lying in bed ready to sleep are invited to drift off peacefully. These work great for clearing the mind in preparation for a good night's rest. In the morning, you will wake energized and motivated to take on the day. (If you just need a shot of relaxation during the day, they would work great for that too!)

Overall, I think the Circle+Bloom's Energy for Empowerment Program is worth it. At $24 for an mp3 download or $29 for two CDs, the cost is reasonable. I can see myself using the sessions time and time again when I need a boost of energy. For less about the cost of a pedicure (who has time for that anyway?), you can pamper yourself at home many times over. As a bonus, you can hone your intuition and get in touch with your body as well!

I received the Circle+Bloom Energy for Empowerment Program to review, no other compensation was given, and the views expressed are my own.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment