Monday, September 10, 2012

Introducing Myself

Hi, my name is Meegs and I'm the newest contributor here at Connected Mom. Here I am with my very first post, and let me tell you, I could not be more excited to join the other smart, sensitive Mamas here. I thought I would introduce myself before I dive right into writing.


My name is Meegs, and I'm a personal, all about my life blogger, turned mommy blogger with the birth of my beautiful, spirited daughter, Gwenivere, on February 16, 2010. I work outside the house full time... which is exciting, exhausting, and bittersweet. I cherish every moment home with my sweet girl. I started my blog, A New Day, in 2002 as a way to vent and ramble. I started off sporatically enough, but it became my journal and memory keeper. I feel like I've found a real community online, and love sharing myself with the world.

Since that day so long ago when I dove into blogging, I've graduated college, moved to the suburbs of Philadelphia, worked the same job in center city for 8 years, traveled to China, got engaged, bought a house, got married, traveled to Ireland and Mexico, walked a 60 miles in 3 days walk for breast cancer, got a super pup (Daisy), had Gwenie, started working one day from home, and started volunteering with a monthly Sierra Club service project! Not to mention a million other smaller things that make life great.

I'm a babywearing, breastfeeding (2.5 years and counting!), sometimes bedsharing, gentle-parenting mama. My husband, Travis, who I'll celebrate my 12th anniversary with (and 6th wedding anny) this fall is my partner in crime and a fabulous dad! He's sort of a goofball, a little bit of a nerd, definitely a big hockey fan... and we have a great time together.

I'm an easy-going girl that loves tattoos (I have 8 currently!), food (especially sushi) and the outdoors. I was born and raised in the country, and love the autumn time. I'm passionate about being greener, co-existing peacefully with the environment and its many critters, and LGBTQ rights. In my free time (ha!) I love to read, go for long walks, cheer for the Eagles and the Flyers, cook, and spend time with my family and our friends.

I can't wait to share a little bit of our lives with you!
 
If you'd like to know anything else about me, feel free to ask! I'll be posting here every other Monday.

1 comments:

Post a Comment