A few months ago, I got an amazing deal on six organic wool dryer balls from Raw Organic. I will admit, I was skeptical at first that they could help dry my clothes faster, but not having to buy dryer sheets won me out. Dryer sheets, even the sensitive kind, would make my skin itchy and nothing I did made it better, but I had to have something or my clothes were static mine fields.
I ordered the six dryer balls, and they arrived within 2 days! She lives on the other side of the country, and I was shocked they came that fast. I couldn't wait to use them, so I did a load of laundry just to see.
The difference in my clothes was amazing! They dried thirty minutes faster, came out without smelling of anything, and there was no static. My shirts felt softer, and I was instantly sold.
Since, I have used them in every load of laundry I have done, and they are still working like they are brand new. I do laundry once a week, with 6-8 loads, and I am still so impressed with these dryer balls. Nothing I have ever used has made me this happy with my clothes.
From her page specifically about the organic dryer balls:
These are solid wool dryer balls, no artificial acrylic core. Its a labor intensive process that requires felting a core, then adding a second and sometimes a third layer. They will weigh between 2 and 3 ounces each and depending on how they felt be about the size of a baseball or tennis ball, with some larger.
Why wool? Wool is naturally anti-bacterial and anti-microbial. It can absorb up to ONE THIRD of its weight in water before feeing wet. It has natural anti-static properties. Gently bouncing dryer balls will soften your laundry without dryer sheets or chemical fabric softeners. Wool is mostly non-allergic. For those with sensitive skin, wool is a great choice. Wool is an easily renewable natural resource and is biodegradable. Each dryer ball should last a year or more, saving you money with each load!This was by far the best investment I have ever made. My energy bill has dropped because each load dries faster, my clothes are softer, and there are no chemicals in my clothes from dryer sheets.
Special for you readers, in case you would like to buy from her if you don't win or want your dryer balls sooner than 2 1/2 weeks from now, use the code "heartsandhandss" at checkout from her etsy store (remember, two s's or it won't work) to get 15% off your total order! This code will run until the first of October, so get your orders in before then for the discount! There is also a free shipping coupon, "freeship", but you can only use one or the other, and shipping is normally under $5.00.
My favorite part, she is giving away four organic wool dryer balls to one lucky winner, a $40 value!!!
- This giveaway is open only to US and Canada (So sorry to the readers in other parts of the world!)
- You *must* complete the mandatory entry or the other entries don't count
- Each entry must be its own comment
- As always, please make sure to leave your email address, or have your email on your public profile so we have a way to contact you if you win
- (Mandatory entry) Go to Raw Organic's Etsy Store and check out her items. Let me know what you thought of it or which one you would want :)
- Follow @theconnectedmom and @Raw_Organics and tweet about the giveaway. You can use: "I'm trying to win organic wool dryer balls from @Raw_Organics and @theconnectedmom! http://bit.ly/nqcAk9" (Limit 2 entries per day. Make sure to put both twitter handles in the tweet so it counts)
- "Like" The Connected Mom on Facebook (If you already like us, it still counts)
- "Like" Raw Organics on Facebook (If you already like her, it still counts)
- Subscribe to The Connected Mom's monthly email newsletter (coming soon!). You can find the subscription box on the right sidebar
- Follow us publicly through Google Friend Connect